Can I put my CamelBak in the washing machine?
Your pack can go just about anywhere you go—but NOT in the washing machine. Machine-washing your pack can twist or tear the straps and fixtures, and wear away the fabric’s weatherproof coating. If you decide to go rogue and throw your pack in the wash anyway, just be aware that it voids the Got Your Bak™ warranty.
How often should I clean my CamelBak bladder?
- Take time to rinse and thoroughly dry the entire system every time you use it.
- Every couple of weeks, particularly if you are giving your system a lot of use, it’s a good idea to put a cleaning tablet into your reservoir, leave the solution in for five minutes, drain, rinse and let dry.
How do you dry a CamelBak bladder?
Leave the cap open and hang the reservoir to dry. Many CamelBak hydration reservoirs come with hidden dryer arms that keep the reservoir open when it’s hung upside down. If your water bladder doesn’t have dryer arms, make a water bladder drying hanger, as seen in the picture below.
How do I clean my CamelBak valve?
- Pull off the bite valve and straw from the cap.
- Clean it in the top rack of the dishwasher or by hand with warm, soapy water.
- If you like to use a bottle brush, we don’t recommend forcing it through the bite valve slit as it can tear the silicone.
How do I clean my CamelBak bladder with vinegar?
Fill the bladder with warm water. Add half a teaspoon of bleach. Add two tablespoons of baking soda or two cups of white vinegar. Close the reservoir and let the mixture sit for about 30 minutes.
How do you maintain a hydration bladder?
Fill with warm water and half a teaspoon of bleach and two tablespoons of baking soda. Shake, close, then let sit for 30 minutes or so. Dump out the cleaning solution, rinse well, flush the hose, prop the reservoir open and hang it to dry.
Does baking soda kill mold?
To kill mold: Add one quarter of a tablespoon of baking soda to a spray bottle of water and shake until it has dissolved. Spray the moldy area with the baking soda and water solution, then use a scrub brush to remove all the mold from the surface. (This will kill any left-over mold and prevent the mold from returning).
What are CamelBak cleaning tablets made of?
Camelbak cleaning tablets are similar to denture cleansing tablets in their action. They contain chlorine dioxide, which is basically bleach. You use the tablet in a quart (liter) of water in the hydration bladder for just five minutes, then rinse thoroughly and use.