Can I wash a pillow in the washing machine?
Put your pillows in the washing machine.
Don’t worry – it is perfectly safe to wash pillows (even down pillows) in the washing machine.
Try to wash at least two at once so that the washer is balanced and the pillows don’t get thrown around so much.
How do you wash pillows that Cannot be washed?
Steps to Clean the Pillow:
- Foam pillows should not be machine washed or dried.
- Put the foam pillow inside a mesh laundry bag or even a pillowcase to avoid tearing the foam.
- Fill the bathtub with warm water and a gentle, low-suds laundry detergent.
- Push the pillow down into the water to soak it all the way through.
How often should you wash your pillows?
Pillows, especially, should be washed at least two to four times a year (say, every four months) to help them last longer. But not all types of pillows — down, fiberfill, and foam — should be treated in the same way.
How do I fix my pillow after washing it?
How to Fix a Lumpy Pillow After Washing
- Take the pillow from the washing machine and place it into the dryer.
- Put two or three tennis balls or a pair of clean tennis shoes in the dryer with the pillow.
- Turn on the dryer on a high-heat setting for approximately one hour. Stop the dryer after approximately 30 minutes and fluff it with your hands.