Can you put a raincoat in the washing machine?
Place the raincoat in the washing machine.
Add a mild, nontoxic, biodegradable detergent.
Set the washing machine to delicate or hand wash and run the cycle with cold water.
If you use a regular laundry detergent to clean your raincoat, rinse it twice to remove detergent residue.
How do you wash a waterproof jacket?
Washing Waterproof Clothing Steps:
- Before washing, brush off any loose mud or dirt.
- Ensure the detergent compartment of your machine is clean of any detergent.
- Pour the cleaner into the detergent compartment.
- Place your waterproof garments in the drum.
- Run through the complete wash and rinse cycle at 30 degrees.
How do you get the smell out of a rain jacket?
- Wash the garment once: with garment inside-out, hand-wash or use the machine wool or delicate wash cycle at 40 degrees centigrade (104 Fahrenheit), using one cap of waterproof cleaner.
- Wash the garment a second time: hand-wash, and this time leaving it to soak overnight in the cleaner before rinsing.
How often should you wash waterproof jacket?
In order to prevent this, we recommend washing your waterproof jacket every so often and therefore have created a step-by-step guide with instructions on how to wash your waterproof jacket. Key points to note are: Wash your garment at 30 degrees Celsius.