Clean those ugly mildew stains off your plastic shower curtain by putting it and a couple of soiled towels in your washing machine.
Add 1/2 cup laundry detergent and 1/2 cup baking soda to the load, and wash it in warm water on your machine’s regular cycle.
Add 1 cup white vinegar to the first rinse.
How do you wash a shower curtain liner in the washing machine?
How to clean your shower curtain and shower curtain liner
- Remove the rings, then toss the curtain and the liner in the washing machine along with a couple of white towels.
- Add the regular amount of detergent and ½ to 1 cup of baking soda.
- Wash in warm or hot water at the highest level.
- At the rinse cycle, add ½ to 1 cup of distilled white vinegar.
How do you wash a plastic shower curtain in the washing machine?
Place them in your washing machine, along with the 2 towels. Add regular detergent and a cup of baking soda (and tea tree oil). Wash on the gentle cycle. Re-hang the plastic shower curtain to air dry, and hang the shower mat to allow all the water to dry off.
How do you clean a shower curtain without a washing machine?
How to clean a plastic shower curtain without a washing machine
- Dampen a microfiber cloth or rag towel with water and baking soda.
- Scrub the shower liner with the microfiber cloth to remove surface grime.
- Rinse the shower curtain by wiping it with another cloth dampened with warm water.
Can you wash a shower curtain with magnets?
Shower Curtain Liner
This will be the same process as cleaning the plastic shower curtain. Some liners have magnets on their bottom edge to help them better stick to the tub and prevent water from escaping. If your liner has magnets, it’s still okay to put it in the washer.