How do you wash a tzitzit in the washing machine?
- Position the four Tzitzit in the slot at the base of the Magen.
- Wrap the Tzitzit around the Magen.
- Lock the cover in place with a half turn and place in the washing machine.
How do you whiten tallit wool?
Steps to Whiten Wool:
- Begin by combining one tablespoon of white vinegar with two cups of water.
- Lay the piece on top of a piece of plastic, or work over a sink.
- Moisten a sponge with the mixture and blot the wool cloth or piece with the damp sponge.
- Continue until the piece has been covered with mixture.
Can you iron a tallit?
careful, though, if it’s a wool tallit (and most are), make sure to always iron through a towel.
How do you wear tallit Katan?
The tallit gadol is traditionally draped over the shoulders, but during prayer, some cover their head with it, notably during specific parts of the service such as the Amidah and when called to the Torah for an aliyah.