Cleaning your Allbirds
Remove the insoles and laces, and brush off excess dirt with a towel or soft brush.
Throw the shoes in the washing machine on wool/delicates cycle (cold water).
We recommend using a linen bag and washing the insoles by hand for best results.
Use a gentle detergent and avoid bleach at all costs.
Can you wash shoe insoles?
The insoles of your shoes can get dirty over time, especially if you wear your shoes often. You can clean insoles using warm water and soap or vinegar and water. You can also apply baking soda, dryer sheets, or shoe spray to the insoles. Once the insoles are clean, maintain the insoles so they stay fresh.
How do you clean stinky insoles?
- Place equal amounts of vinegar and water in your bowl or sink.
- Submerge your insoles in the solution and leave for about three hours.
- Remove the insoles from the solution.
- Rinse the insoles in fresh running water to remove the solution.
- Leave the insoles to air dry—on a towel, dish drainer or clothesline.
Do you use detergent when washing Allbirds?
Do You Use Detergent When You Wash Allbirds? Yes, you do use detergent in the washing machine with your Allbirds, but it must be a gentle one suitable for wool.
How do you wash Nike insoles?
If your insoles need cleaning as well, run them under hot water to get them damp. Next, scrub them with an old toothbrush and a small amount of laundry detergent. Rinse them under cold water, then place them on a towel to dry.
Do Allbirds get smelly?
Allbirds Are Naturally Odor-Resistant
Typically a day of wet shoes and trudging around will leave a pair of shoes smelling like an entire gym locker room. The Allbirds shrug it off. They’re not immune to getting smelly, but it takes a lot to get them there.
How do I sanitize the inside of my shoes?
Sneaker Tips Episode 1 – How To Sanitize Used Shoes Tutorial
Are you supposed to wear socks with Allbirds?
Allbirds are certainly soft enough to wear without socks. We’d still recommend wearing socks if you’re going to wear yours all day long because they will probably eventually start to smell from extended barefoot wear — especially if you have sweaty feet.
What can I soak my stinky shoes in?
The alcohol will kill any odor causing bacteria that is in your sneakers and should prevent the stinky smell from returning. You can also soak your sneakers overnight in a tub filled with vinegar and water. Use two cups of vinegar for every three gallons of water you add to your soaking tub.
How do you get the smell out of memory foam shoes?
How to Get the Smell Out of Shoes
- Pour some rubbing alcohol into the spray bottle. (Make sure you mark your spray bottle so people know it isn’t safe to consume.)
- Spray the alcohol inside each smelly shoe. You only need a couple of spays to do the trick!
- Let the shoes dry completely before wearing them again.