What is the best way to clean a concrete basement floor?
- Step 1 – Clear Your Basement. Clear your basement of all furniture, boxes, and other items.
- Step 2 – Sweep the Floor. To prepare the floor for cleaning, sweep it completely.
- Step 3 – Clean with Bleach and Water. Mix 1 cup of bleach with 1 gallon of water in a bucket.
- Step 4 – Wash With Soap and Water.
- Step 5 – Rinse.
Can you use Swiffer on concrete floors?
A micro-fiber dust mop is typically suggested by most concrete flooring installers because it is gentle, quickly trapping and holding dust and dirt. Popular mopping tools, such as the Swiffer wet cleaners can also damage your new floors. If you must damp mop, simply use cool water.
Can you use vinegar on concrete floors?
When it comes to cleaning stone, concrete, and ceramic tile floors, leave the vinegar under the sink. Vinegar will strip away the protective seal coating, making the floor vulnerable to water damage, stains, and pitting. Ceramic tile is fairly impervious to acid, but the grout isn’t.
How do you disinfect a cement floor?
Clean your concrete floors regularly to keep them looking their best.
- Sweep any dust or debris from the concrete floor with a broom, pick it up in a dust pan and throw it away.
- Fill a bucket with 1 gallon of warm water and 3/4 cup of liquid bleach.
- Dip a mop into the bleach solution and wring it out.
Does white vinegar clean concrete?
Vinegar is the go-to natural cleaner and it works on patios. Mix it equal parts of vinegar and water to clean stains, or use full-strength vinegar on heavily soiled patios. Mix 1/2 cup baking soda to one gallon of water for a gentle cleaning solution. Add 1/8 cup of liquid dish detergent.
What is the best mop for concrete floors?
- O-Cedar ProMist MAX Microfiber Spray Mop.
- Rejuvenate Click n Clean Multi-Surface Microfiber Spray Mop.
- OXO Good Grips Microfiber Spray Mop Kit.
- Rejuvenate Click n Clean Multi-Surface Microfiber Spray Mop with 32 oz.
- Rubbermaid Commercial Products Executive Series Pulse Double Sided Microfiber Spray Flat Mop.
How do you care for stained concrete floors?
STAINED CONCRETE CARE
- Dry dust mop or damp mop regularly to keep away dirt and grime, cutting down on abrasion.
- Damp mop with a pH-neutral cleaner and water for an occasional deeper cleaning.
- Protect with a good film-forming sealer and a coat of wax or floor finish.
What does vinegar do to concrete?
Vinegar: The Good, Bad and Downright Ugly Truth as a Cleaning Agent. Etching – Vinegar’s ability to dissolve CaCO3 will dull your marble, travertine, concrete and terrazzo surfaces. It may “clean” the surface but it is also dissolving pits into the finish and effectively dulling it.
Can you use Bona on concrete floors?
Bona LVT Floor Cleaner
The formula is slightly different and more geared toward removing grease and stains while still avoiding dull marks or streaks. Conveniently, you can also use it on any stone or concrete floors that are sealed. Every once in a while, you can use the Stone, Tile, & Laminate Floor Polish.