Clean those ugly mildew stains off your plastic shower curtain by putting it and a couple of soiled towels in your washing machine.
Add 1/2 cup laundry detergent and 1/2 cup baking soda to the load, and wash it in warm water on your machine’s regular cycle.
Add 1 cup white vinegar to the first rinse.
How do you wash a shower curtain liner in the washing machine?
How to clean your shower curtain and shower curtain liner
- Remove the rings, then toss the curtain and the liner in the washing machine along with a couple of white towels.
- Add the regular amount of detergent and ½ to 1 cup of baking soda.
- Wash in warm or hot water at the highest level.
- At the rinse cycle, add ½ to 1 cup of distilled white vinegar.
Can you wash a plastic shower curtain in the washer?
There are two different methods you can use to wash a plastic shower curtain, and both are fairly painless. Method 1 — The Washing Machine: Wash your shower curtain in the washer using warm water combined with vinegar, baking soda or gentle laundry detergent. Rinse again until you have a clean shower curtain.
How do you clean a plastic shower curtain without a washing machine?
How to clean a plastic shower curtain without a washing machine
- Dampen a microfiber cloth or rag towel with water and baking soda.
- Scrub the shower liner with the microfiber cloth to remove surface grime.
- Rinse the shower curtain by wiping it with another cloth dampened with warm water.
How do you clean a vinyl shower curtain liner?
Place the curtain liner in the washing machine with several towels. Add your favorite laundry detergent, along with a cup of vinegar, and run the machine on a delicate or gentle cycle. After the spin cycle stops, lift the curtain liner out and hold it so it drips over the washing machine or wash tub for a minute or so.