Washing Instructions for 100% Polyester Curtains
- Set your washing machine to the appropriate load size—medium for a pair of drapes, large for two pairs.
- Add the appropriate amount of liquid detergent (based on the size of the load; check the detergent bottle for guidance).
- Run the washer on a normal cycle and remove curtains promptly.
Can I machine wash polyester curtains?
Curtains made from cotton, nylon or polyester can most likely be machine-washed without issue. Wash curtains in cold water on the delicate cycle, using a mild cold-water detergent intended for delicate fabrics. Tumble dry on low heat, and then re-hang while still just barely damp.
What setting do I wash polyester on?
To wash polyester, start by turning the garment inside out. Then, wash it on your machine’s permanent press cycle using warm water, since cold water doesn’t effectively remove stains from polyester. Finally, dry your garment on low heat in a dryer or allow it to air dry.
How do you get wrinkles out of 100 polyester curtains?
How to Remove Wrinkles From Polyester Curtains
- Place the curtains in the washing machine. Add mild detergent–no bleach–and use cold water.
- Set up an ironing board and plug in an iron. Choose the “warm” heat setting; some irons may have a setting for polyester.
- Remove the wrinkles from the curtains with a fabric steamer. Hold the steam nozzle towards the curtain.
Can you put curtains in the washing machine?
So when machine-washing curtains and draperies, use the gentle cycle, cool or lukewarm water, and mild detergent. If possible, hang on a clothesline to dry, or put them in a clothes dryer on a no-heat or delicate setting.