How do I deep clean my washing machine?
1: Run a cycle with bleach and hot water (1:1). 2: Run a second hot cycle with 2 cups of white distilled vinegar, 1/4 cup of baking soda and 1/4 cup of water. 3: Use water to clean the rubber seal around the lip of the washing machine. 4: Remove the soap dispenser and wash thoroughly with soap and water.
How do I clean my washing machine with vinegar?
Add two cups of white vinegar and let the cycle run. (If you have a front load washer, pour the vinegar into the detergent dispenser.) For an extra-clean washing machine, repeat the cycle with a half-cup of baking soda. You’ll also need to hand-wash the top portion of the agitator and basin above the water line.
How do you clean a front loader washing machine?
To clean the drum, pour 1/3 cup of baking soda into the machine, and put 2 cups of white vinegar in the detergent tray. Run the machine on a cleaning cycle and the two agents will react and clean your machine.
How do I clean my washing machine naturally?
To clean your top or front-load washing machine naturally, start by pouring 2 cups of white vinegar into the drum. Then, mix ¼ cup each of water and baking soda and pour the solution into the detergent well where you usually put detergent and fabric softener.
How do you clean and deodorize a washing machine?
Deodorizing any Remaining Smell
- Set the wash cycle to “white fabric” or “hot”.
- Add 4 cups (1 quart) of plain white vinegar to a top loading washing machine or 2 cups of vinegar to a front loader.
- Don’t add laundry detergent or other cleaning solutions, NO BLEACH.
How do I fix a smelly washing machine?
Here’s how to deal with the odor coming from your front loader:
- Step 1: Mix baking soda and water. Mix ¼ a cup of baking soda with ¼ a cup of water.
- Step 2: Add vinegar. Pour 2 cups of white vinegar into the drum and run a normal load at high heat.
- Step 3: Scrub with a sponge.
- Step 4: Keep it fresh with every load.
How do I clean and disinfect my washing machine?
Sanitizing the Washing Machine
- Use hot water.
- Select the “extra rinse” option.
- Add Clorox® Regular Bleach2 to the bleach dispenser. Use ½ cup or fill the dispenser to the “max-fill” line.
- Run the cycle.
- Be sure you run an extra rinse cycle. To ensure that no bleach is left behind.
What is the best washing machine cleaner?
- Editor’s Choice: Oxi Clean Washing Machine Cleaner with Odor Blasters.
- Excellent All-in-one: Clorox Washing Machine Cleaner.
- Ecozone Washing Machine and Dishwasher Cleaner.
- Bye, bye Grease and Grime: Finish In-Wash Dishwasher Cleaner.
- Tide Washing Machine Cleaner for a Clean and Fresh Machine.
Where do you put vinegar in a washing machine?
Using Vinegar in Laundry
I simply add 1/4 cup of distilled white vinegar into each load of laundry. For sheets, towels, and stained linens, I pour distilled white vinegar into the fabric softener dispenser of my washing machine.