How do you wash a tie dye shirt for the first time?
How to Wash a Tie-Dye Shirt for the First Time
- Rinse the shirt with cold water from a sink or hose.
- Fill a tub or basin with clean, warm water to set the remaining dye so that it will not bleed.
- Place the tie-dyed shirt into the tub or basin, and let it soak for 10 to 15 minutes undisturbed.
- Wash the shirt gently with your hands.
Can you wash tie dye shirts together?
Put the tie-dye in a washing machine, WITH NOTHING ELSE YOU WANT TO GET DYE ON, and wash the fabric, with soap, as you normally would. If you have more than one tie-dye to wash its OK to them together. Once the fabric has been washed, its ready to wear and can be washed and dried with your regular laundry.
How do you wash a tie dye shirt without fading it?
How to Wash Tie Dye T-Shirts So They Won’t Fade
- Wait at least 24 hours before washing your tie-dye t-shirt, after dying it. This allows the dyes to set in the fabric.
- Put the shirt in the washer alone, or only with other tie-dyed shirts with similar colors. Use the hot water setting.
- Place the shirt in a hot dryer for a full cycle.
Why did my tie dye wash out?
So more of your color will wash out in the end, on rare occasions, all of it, when you use hot water to mix your dye instead of warm, as suggested. Cold water is a problem with some colors. This is why some folks get faded colors when tie-dyeing in the winter or in an air conditioned area in the summer.