It’s a really simple process:
- Wash your towels with hot water and 1 cup of white vinegar, (don’t use any detergents or fabric softeners).
- Run the towels through a second wash with 1/2 cup baking soda and hot water, (again, no detergent or fabric softener).
- Dry your towels on the hottest setting until thoroughly dry.
Wash your towels with hot water and 1 cup of white vinegar, (don’t use any detergents or fabric softeners). 2. Run the towels through a second wash with 1/2 cup baking soda and hot water, (again, no detergent or fabric softener).FRONT LOAD (HE) WASHER: If you have a HE (front loading) washer, place your towels in the washer with 1 cup of baking soda (no detergent). Start the washer let the water fill for about 1 minute. Add 2 cups of vinegar to the “liquid” cup (again no detergent) and allow the load to run through.Add some vinegar to the wash to soften your clothes.
Vinegar is a veritable powerhouse when it comes to pretreating stains, softening water, and boosting regular laundry detergents. When cleaning fabrics, distilled white vinegar is preferred, but apple cider vinegar works just as well if that’s what you have on hand.
Can you use vinegar and laundry detergent together?
You can absolutely use vinegar and laundry detergent in the same load, but you cannot mix them together. If you’re using detergent, add the vinegar to the rinse cycle after the detergent is out. Otherwise, you’ll get oily clothes.
How much vinegar do you put in laundry towels?
Using about half the recommended amount of detergent while washing towels, adding 1/2 to 1 cup of white vinegar to the wash water. The vinegar helps set the colors and removes excess detergent residue.
How do you deep clean towels?
Give towels a deep cleaning to make sure they aren’t harboring bacteria.
- Wash 3-4 towels per load in hot water on the longest setting with an extra rinse. Use your regular green detergent plus 1 cup of washing soda or baking soda.
- Dry the towels on the hottest cycle (heavy-duty) and make sure they are completely dry.
How do you wash towels in the washing machine?
To wash towels, put them in your washing machine and add half the recommended amount of laundry detergent, since too much soap can make your towels less fluffy. If you’re washing new towels, you can also add a ½ to 1 cup of white vinegar to minimize color bleeding.