How do I get my white clothes white again?
If you need to get white clothes white again, soak them for 8 hours in a basin filled with 4 quarts of water mixed with 1 cup of baking soda. You could also add laundry detergent or lemon juice to the water, if you prefer, then soak the clothes for 1-2 hours.
How do you whiten yellowed white clothes?
- 1Use a Citrus Soak. Instead of sending your white laundry into the washer to get clean, whiten your yellowed items with a citrus soak.
- 2Brighten with the Power of the Sun.
- 3Add White Vinegar.
- 4Create a Baking Soda Soak.
- 5Try Dishwasher Soap.
- 6Break Out the Aspirin.
- 7Add in a Bit of Blue.
- 8Try Whitening with Borax.
How do you wash white clothes?
- Separate Whites. The first step in keeping white clothes white is to sort dirty laundry carefully.
- Avoid Overloading.
- Choose a Detergent.
- Promptly Treat Stains.
- Wash With Warmest Water Possible.
- Rinse With Vinegar.
- Check Clothes.
- Dry on Low.
How can I brighten my whites?
To keep whites white
Baking soda, vinegar, borax, lemon juice and hydrogen peroxide all naturally whiten. Add ½ cup of any of these cleaners to each wash cycle to keep your clothes bone white. For double duty, mix in ½ cup vinegar and ½ cup borax to your white loads.