How to Hand-Wash Socks
- Fill a kitchen sink with water.
- Add liquid detergent or bleach to the water.
- Submerge the socks into the water and allow them to soak for up to 30 minutes.
- Kneed the socks by hand.
- Wring out the socks and set them aside in a bucket or another sink basin.
- Drain the sink and then refill it with clean water.
How do you wash white socks?
Soak dirty white socks in one cup bleach and 1 cup dishwashing liquid in hot water over night and then wash in the washing machine in the morning. 8. Boil dirty white socks in a pan of water and some lemon juice and lemon slices, then wash and hang them in the sun to dry.
Can you hand wash socks?
Gather your socks. Fill your sink with lukewarm water. Pour some Wool-wash (Eucalan is lovely and contains a natural moth-repellant) into the water as directed on the label. Be sure to look for a wash intended for hand washing, as these are intended to care for wool fibers and also do not need to be rinsed out.
How can I get my white socks white again without bleach?
There are a couple of methods for getting your whites whiter without bleach.
- Dropps 4-in-1 Booster Pacs. Give your laundry the ultimate boost by adding a Dropps 4-in-1 booster pac with your next wash cycle.
- Baking Soda. Baking soda is a whitening wonder.
- Hydrogen Peroxide.
- Dishwasher detergent.