How do you wash braided hair?
How to Wash Braided Hair, the Right Way
- Use the Right Shampoo. The biggest mistake curlies make when washing braided hair is using the same shampoo they used before they braided their hair.
- Pay Attention to the Scalp. Your scalp will be the area to give the most care while washing braided hair.
- Squeeze Braids.
- Rinse Without Rubbing.
- Dry with a Towel.
How do you take care of braided hair extensions?
5 ways to maintain your braids so they last longer
- Protect your hair at night. Always wear a scarf when you go to bed made out of silk or satin.
- Keep your scalp moist. Do this at least two to three times a week, using a leave-in conditioner.
- Wash your braids.
- Extend your style time by redoing your edges.
- Don’t leave your braids in for too long.
How often should I wash my braids?
Although braids can last anywhere between two to eight weeks depending on which kind you go for and how you wear them, you should be prepared to cleanse roughly every two to three weeks. If you’ve been swimming (or happen to sweat a lot), your scalp will require a bit of TLC.
How do you wash extensions before braiding?
make sure you wash this chemical off your extensions before getting