How do you get dried ink out of clothes?
Removing Dry Ink Stains
- Apply alcohol-based hand sanitizer to the stain and let it soak in for a few minutes.
- Apply Clorox2® directly to the stain, wait 5-10 minutes, then wash in the hottest water recommended with detergent + more Clorox2®. Allow the item to air dry and check for success.
How do you remove set in ink stains?
If the ink stain is really set-in, then scrub it with a mixture of bleach, liquid laundry soap, and boiling hot water. Treat the stained item and allow it to sit overnight before laundering per the washing instructions. Finally, some people swear by fresh lemon juice to remove stubborn ink stains.
Does pen come out of clothes in the wash?
Ballpoint pen ink doesn’t usually come out in the wash, and it can spread to other items, so always check clothing carefully before laundering. You might be able to get a small stain out, but it is difficult. General directions Blot first with dry, white paper towels.
How do you get blue ink out of a white shirt?
Alcohol-Based Ink Stain
- Lay your garment on a flat surface and place an old towel under the layer of garment that contains the ink stain.
- Using a clean cloth, blot the stain with rubbing alcohol. Continue blotting until stain is removed.
- Spot treat with laundry detergent and then launder as usual.