What is the best way to wash a baseball cap?
The Best Way to Wash a Baseball Cap
- Fill a clean sink or bucket with warm water.
- As it’s filling, add a tablespoon of laundry detergent or OxiClean.
- Spot-clean the hat first, as needed.
- Let the hat soak for up to a couple hours.
- Rinse all the soap off with warm water.
- Pat down with a towel to get rid of excess moisture.
How do you wash a baseball cap without ruining it?
If a cap has a plastic brim, you can soak it in sudsy warm water with a little laundry detergent. For the first wash, give it up to three hours for the soap to work. Use a soft toothbrush to gently scrub out stains. Rinse it well and let it air dry.
How do you know if a hat is washable?
Read the Label
Look for a tag with washing instructions. If it says dry-clean only, then you know what to do. If the care label says it’s machine washable, follow the instructions.
What kind of soap do you use to wash a hat in the dishwasher?
4. Finally, wash your cap in the top rack of your dishwasher (do NOT use dish washing detergent!) or launder in a washing machine on a delicate cycle. Gentle laundry detergent can help get out difficult stains (like Woolite), but always test for colorfast. Remove and let air dry.