What is the best way to wash a baseball cap?
The Best Way to Wash a Baseball Cap
- Fill a clean sink or bucket with warm water.
- As it’s filling, add a tablespoon of laundry detergent or OxiClean.
- Spot-clean the hat first, as needed.
- Let the hat soak for up to a couple hours.
- Rinse all the soap off with warm water.
- Pat down with a towel to get rid of excess moisture.
What kind of soap do you use to wash a hat in the dishwasher?
4. Finally, wash your cap in the top rack of your dishwasher (do NOT use dish washing detergent!) or launder in a washing machine on a delicate cycle. Gentle laundry detergent can help get out difficult stains (like Woolite), but always test for colorfast. Remove and let air dry.
How do you wash a hat without a dishwasher?
- Spray or rub a laundry pre-treatment on the soiled or stained parts of the baseball cap.
- Clear the dishwasher of all dishes and utensils before you place the cap in the dishwasher.
- Fit your cap inside a plastic baseball cap form.
- Place the encased baseball cap on the top rack of the dishwasher.
Can I wash my hat in the washer?
Place the hat into the washer (alone or with a smaller load of laundry so it doesn’t lose its shape) with a mild detergent and wash with warm water on a gentle cycle. You can even place your hat in a hat form to prevent it from losing form in the washer.