How do you wash a tie dye shirt for the first time?
The initial washing is the most important, as it sets the dyes.
- Rinse the shirt with cold water from a sink or hose.
- Fill a tub or basin with clean, warm water to set the remaining dye so that it will not bleed.
- Place the tie-dyed shirt into the tub or basin, and let it soak for 10 to 15 minutes undisturbed.
How do you wash a tie dye shirt in the washing machine?
Wash it On Its Own — When you’re ready to wash, put it in the washing machine by itself or with other tie-dyed shirts in similar colors. Wash using the hot water setting and mild detergent. Dry on High Heat — Dry in your dryer on high heat. Leave it in for a full cycle.
Can you wash tie dye shirts together?
Put the tie-dye in a washing machine, WITH NOTHING ELSE YOU WANT TO GET DYE ON, and wash the fabric, with soap, as you normally would. If you have more than one tie-dye to wash its OK to them together. Once the fabric has been washed, its ready to wear and can be washed and dried with your regular laundry.
How do you wash a tie dye shirt without fading it?
How to Wash Tie Dye T-Shirts So They Won’t Fade
- Wait at least 24 hours before washing your tie-dye t-shirt, after dying it. This allows the dyes to set in the fabric.
- Put the shirt in the washer alone, or only with other tie-dyed shirts with similar colors. Use the hot water setting.
- Place the shirt in a hot dryer for a full cycle.