Can I put my bamboo steamer in the dishwasher?
It’s not dishwasher-safe, but all your steamer needs to stay fresh and clean is a quick scrub under hot water and a good air-dry.
How do I use my bamboo steamer?
How to Use a Bamboo Steamer
- Step 1: Fill Your Wok (or other pan) with Water.
- Step 2: Line the Bamboo Steamer.
- Step 3: Place Food in Your Bamboo Steamer.
- Step 4: Place Bamboo Steamer in Pot.
- Step 5: Allow Food to Steam & Check Water Level.
How do I clean a steamer?
How to Clean a Fabric Steamer
- Pour excess water out of the fabric steamer.
- Close the drain valve, if there was one to open, and fill the reservoir full of a solution that’s one part white vinegar and two parts water.
- Turn the fabric steamer off and unplug it.
- Pour the vinegar and water mixture out.
Are bamboo steamers toxic?
These tiny amounts aren’t toxic, but they will add an unwanted and lasting aftertaste to your meal. There are also electric steamers on the market, but a bamboo steamer is a better choice for those who would rather stay away plastic, and instead want to opt for natural, environmentally-friendly materials.