- 1 quart of 3-percent hydrogen peroxide (available at any pharmacy)
- 1/4 cup baking soda.
- 1 teaspoon liquid dishwashing soap.
What do I do if my dog gets sprayed by a skunk?
1 quart of 3% hydrogen peroxide solution (found at any pharmacy or supermarket) 1/4 cup of baking soda. 1 teaspoon of liquid dishwashing soap.
How do I clean a skunked dog?
The Best Solution
- ¼ cup of baking soda.
- 1-2 teaspoons of mild dishwashing detergent like Ivory Snow.
- 1 quart of 3% Hydrogen Peroxide solution.
- Mix in a bucket and use immediately.
- Work the foaming mixture well into the coat.
- Leave on for five minutes.
- Rinse with warm water.
- Follow with dog shampoo if desired.
Does vinegar get rid of skunk smell?
Indoors. If people or pets come into the house before being de-skunked, you may find that the smell lingers in the air. To get rid of it, boil vinegar in a pan. The home will now smell like vinegar, but once that smell is gone, the skunk odor should also be gone.
What neutralizes skunk smell?
Chemist Paul Krebaum discovered a solution that changes the odorous thiols into odorless acids, thereby chemically neutralizing the skunk odor. The formula is: 1 quart of 3 percent hydrogen peroxide (fresh bottle), • ¼ cup of baking soda (sodium bicarbonate), and • 1-2 teaspoons of liquid dish soap.