Place the gown on a hanger.
- Use a cool iron or steamer on the gown.
- Hang the gown in a bathroom and run the shower as the steam should help release wrinkles.
- Make sure you don’t wash or dry clean the gown.
How do you clean a graduation gown?
How to Clean a Polyester Formal Gown
- Inspect your formal polyester gown for stains.
- Turn your garment inside out before washing.
- Fill your washer with warm water and place on the gentle cycle.
- Put in a half capful of washing soap and let the washer cycle through till it spins your garment dry.
- Place your gown in the dryer on a low heat and tumble dry.
Can you put a graduation gown in the dryer?
Want to get those pesky wrinkles out of the gown? An iron or dryer on full heat will melt the material , so you need to put in the dryer on low with a damp towel for around 15 minutes. The wet towel keeps it from melting and before you know it, you have a nice gown ready for all of those Graduation Day pictures!
How do you wash a gown?
Steps to Clean the Gowns:
- Fill a sink or tub with cool water and add a small amount of mild soap such as Woolite.
- Place the gown into the water and allow it to soak in the water.
- Do not agitate the gown as this can damage the delicate lace layers.
- Remove the gown and drain the soapy water.
Can I iron a graduation gown?
Since most graduation gowns are made of polyester, ironing directly on it can melt the fabric. Turn the gown inside out and place a white towel over the fabric and iron over the towel on the warm setting. To keep it wrinkle-free until graduation, hang it up where it can’t get smashed by other items.