Wash your low porosity hair with warm instead of cold water to help the cuticle open a bit, allowing moisturizing ingredients from the conditioner to enter the hair shaft.
After conditioning, rinse with cool water to close the cuticle and seal the moisture inside the hair.
How often should I wash my low porosity hair?
Once a week is how often you need to wash low porosity hair to keep it soft, moisturized, and free from buildup until your next wash.
Co Wash For Low Porosity Hair
- Saturate your hair with warm water.
- Apply your conditioner.
- Massage the conditioner evenly.
- Rinse thoroughly.
How do you moisturize low porosity hair?
Tips for moisturizing low porosity hair
- Use a prepoo treatment.
- Always deep condition.
- Water down your conditioner.
- Seal in moisture with an oil.
- Try bagging or using the GHE (green house effect) method on your hair (either at night or when you’ve got a few hours and nowhere to go).
- Make satin your best friend.
Is coconut oil good for low porosity hair?
oils such as olive oil and coconut oil are a no go for naturals with low porosity hair because they will undoubtedly sit on top of the hair instead of absorbing into them. The fatty acids prevalent in Jojoba make it a great choice for women with low porous hair looking to seal their ends or oil their scalps.
What causes low porosity hair?
Usually, if you have low porosity hair, it’s due to genetic factors. Using chemicals and heat on your hair typically doesn’t cause low hair porosity. When heat or styling does damage the cuticle layer, it’s more likely to result in high porosity hair. That means the cuticles are raised and have spaces between them.
What oil is best for low porosity hair?
Best Oils For Low Porosity Hair – Detailed List
- Argan oil. Argan Oil is one of the ‘rarest’ and most precious hair Oils.
- Grapeseed Oil. Grape seed oil is one of the lightest oils that you can use in low porosity hair.
- Jojoba oil.
- Baobab oil.
- Sweet Almond Oil.
- Pomegranate Oil.
- Apricot oil.
- Sunflower seed oil.
Is apple cider vinegar good for low porosity hair?
This is where Apple Cider Vinegar comes in. ACV has a low pH level, which means it will close those hair cuticles tight, and seal in all that moisture into your hair. If you have low porosity hair, your hair cuticles are already laying flat to the cortex.
Is leave in conditioner good for low porosity hair?
1. Moisturize Me Curl & Style Milk by Lotta Body. This prevents my curls from tangling looking dry. This leave-in conditioner is great for low and medium porosity hair, since it’s not likely to stick on your cuticles.
Can low porosity hair grow long?
With low porosity hair, it’s not easy for moisture and oils to penetrate the hair shaft. It can take longer for your hair to become saturated when you wash it. It may also be more challenging to process and style your hair.
Does low porosity hair dry quickly?
If your hair dries quickly, you have low porosity hair.
Because low porosity naturally repels water, it dries faster. Often drying so quickly, you can see it shrinking and drying in just a few minutes.
What are the best products for low porosity hair?
- Shea Moisture Baobab & Tea Tree Oils Low Porosity Protein-Free Conditioner.
- Eden BodyWorks Coconut Shea Moisture Shampoo.
- Camille Rose Naturals Curl Love Moisture Milk.
- Beautiful Textures Moisture Butter Whipped Curl Creme.
- Jessicurl Deep Conditioning Treatment.
- Carol’s Daughter Almond Milk Ultra-Nourishing Mask.
Why is protein bad for low porosity hair?
Low porosity hair is resistant to moisture and are protein-sensitive. By adding “unwanted” protein to the hair strand becomes stiff and brittle, causing it to break. Because of the low protein, the hair strand is not very strong. Causing it to feel dry and un-moisturized.
Is Tea Tree Oil Good for low porosity hair?
Great for skin too, it is a primary component in the SheaMoisture low porosity haircare line like the SheaMoisture Baobab & Tea Tree Oils Low Porosity Protein-Free Leave-In Detangler. Baobab oil is great for hot oil treatments and a light sealant that will add sheen without making hair greasy.