How do you clean dirty money?
How to Clean Paper Money
- Place your old paper money on the clean plastic surface.
- Pour the water in the container.
- Add a small amount of dish washing soap.
- Dip the sponge in the soapy water.
- Very softly wipe the note laterally, from the middle to the edges.
- Be sure not to scrub or aggressively wipe the note to avoid tear and damages.
Can you wash money in the washing machine?
Unfortunately, there is really no good way to clean paper money. You can try soap and water, but it doesn’t do much to penetrate the surface of the bill. You can always run your paper money through the washing machine in your pants pocket, and then let it air dry.
Do banks clean money?
Most bills will remain intact in the washer and dryer. But while a wash cycle may make your money look untainted, it nonetheless ruins the bills; hot water can damage security features, and detergents change the way cash reflects light, which currency-sorting machines detect. Banks shred washed money.