Can you put a raincoat in the washing machine?
Place the raincoat in the washing machine. Add a mild, nontoxic, biodegradable detergent. Set the washing machine to delicate or hand wash and run the cycle with cold water. If you use a regular laundry detergent to clean your raincoat, rinse it twice to remove detergent residue.
How do you wash a waterproof jacket?
Washing Waterproof Clothing Steps:
- Before washing, brush off any loose mud or dirt.
- Ensure the detergent compartment of your machine is clean of any detergent.
- Pour the cleaner into the detergent compartment.
- Place your waterproof garments in the drum.
- Run through the complete wash and rinse cycle at 30 degrees.
How can I make my raincoat waterproof again?
After washing the jacket, rinse it and, while it’s still wet, hang it. Now comes the time for re-waterproofing: Spray the jacket—and spray it really well—with a waterproofing spray. I like ReviveX Spray-On Water Repellent. Then put the jacket in the dryer, and when it comes out, it should be hydrophobic again.
How do you get stains out of a rain jacket?
Remove any mud or difficult stains from the jacket by hand first. Spray a fabric spot remover solution onto the difficult stains, and gently scrub the stains by using a soft bristle toothbrush. Rinse the stains off under lukewarm water in a sink.