How do you wash stuffed animals without ruining them?
Follow these simple steps below to learn how to wash stuffed animals.
- Use a mild detergent such as Babyganics or a little Borax (it is all-natural and is ideal for washing clothes, pans, tubs, and more!) in your machine.
- Put your washing machine on its gentlest cycle.
- Use cold water.
What is the best way to clean stuffed animals?
Method 2 Washing by Hand
- Read the label. Your stuffed animal may say hand wash only or wash on delicate cycle.
- Fill your sink with cold water and a cup of delicate soap.
- Immerse your stuffed animal.
- Rinse off all the soap.
- Let it dry.
- Spot clean a surface stain.
- Use a garbage bag and baking soda.
Can you put a stuffed animal in the dryer?
You can dry machine washable stuffed animals in the dryer using proper precautions. Leave the clean stuffed animals in the bag and put your dryer on a gentle, short cycle with a low temperature setting. The air dry setting works best if possible.
Can you wash and dry stuffed animals?
Always wash stuffed animals on the gentle/delicate cycle. They just can’t tolerate a more aggressive washing that a ‘normal’ cycle would give. You can use a warm or cool wash but steer clear of hot. After washing, remove from the bag and hang dry.