How do you properly wash underwear?
Hand wash your underwear in 4 easy steps:
- Run your sink full of cool, soapy water and submerge your undies.
- Swish around to loosen any dirt or stains, and give the gusset a gentle scrub.
- Remove from the water, pat dry, and roll up into a clean, dry towel.
- Hang to dry or lay flat on a second, dry towel.
Should you wash your underwear separately?
Keep your underwear separate from the rest of your laundry to avoid spreading the germs, suggests Dr. Gerba. Washing your underwear last will keep that away from your other loads, but you should clean the machine itself by running an empty cycle after every underwear load.
Can underwear be washed in washing machine?
Underwear. Don’t overload the washing machine. To ensure thorough cleaning, wash underwear in light loads. Use the gentle cycle with warm water and all-purpose detergent, unless the label specifies “mild.”
How can I wash my underwear without a washing machine?
How to Hand Wash Underwear Sustainably [Step by Step Guide]
- Stake out a sink.
- Find a great sustainable laundry detergent.
- Plug your sink drain, and fill with lukewarm water and the sustainable detergent of your choice.
- Let your underwear soak for no longer than an hour.
- Drain and rinse with cold water.
- Hang your clothes up to dry.